Doctor of Medicine , Faculty of Medicine, University of Sarajevo (graduated: July 2001)
Medical oncologist subspecialist at Oncology Clinic/University Clinical Centre Sarajevo
I am currently working at hospital department , also I am Teaching Assistant at Faculty of Medicine, University of Sarajevo. I am mainly focusing on treatment of GI cancers and Gynecological tumors as well as sarcoma.
I am participating as a principal investigator in several clinical trials that are being carried out at the clinic.
ESGO fellowship at University College hospital London 1 month training (2010) – Training completed
ESMO Clinical Unit Visit – AKH Vienna 2 month training (2008) – Training completed
ESDO fellowship at University Hospital Valencia – INCLIVA Biomedical Research Institute (2015)
- A. Pasic, S. Beslija, A. Djuran,I. Sefic-Pasic, M. Banjin, T. Ceric, A. Rasic, B. Hasanbegovic, A. Jalovcic and E. Kapisazovic. Correlation between of expression of the enzyme topoisomerase I and p53 and result of irinotecan based therapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer Ann Oncol (2015) 26 (suppl 4): iv55. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdv233.187 2.
- A. Pasic, T. Ceric, S. Beslija, M. Banjin, B. Salkic : Developing nutritional screening and assessment tool as a support for cancer patient at Institute of oncology Sarajevo Annals of Oncology 18 (Supplement 9): ix191–ix192, 2007 doi:10.1093/annonc/mdm327
- : Pašić A., Cerić T et al: , Creating cancer patient – support websites at the Institute of oncology
2nd International Conference on CANCER ON THE INTERNET 2004 Rockefeller University, New York, USA
- Pašić A., Cerić T. , Bešlija S. , Banjin M, Salkić B, Šošević A Internet technology and multidisciplinary approach to cancer patients at Institute of oncology Sarajevo ESO Conference on Managing cancer service 2005 Milan , Italy
- Pašić A., Simetić L., Herceg, D., Bešlija S, Cerić T. Kapisazović E : Efficacy comparison of pazopanib and trabectedin vs standard chemotherapy in second line treatment of patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcomas: Experience from countries with limited resources.May 2018, Journal of Clinical Oncology 36(15_suppl):e23555-e23555DOI: 10.1200/JCO.2018.36.15_suppl.e23555
- B. Salkic, M. Banjin, A. Pasic, T. Ceric, A. Sosevic ,S. Beslija Time to progression in patients with metastatic CRC treated with irinotecan or capecitabine as first-line treatment (retrospective study). Ann Oncol(2005)- Educational and Abstract Book of the ESMO Scientific and Educational Conference 2-5 June, 2005: Budapest, Hungary Volume 16 suppl 2 June 2005 Abstracts ii 271-325
- Cerić T, Obralić N, Kapur-Pojskić L, Macić D, Beslija S, Pašić A, Cerić S .Investigation of IVS14 + 1G > A polymorphism of DPYD gene in a group of Bosnian patients treated with 5-Fluorouracil and capecitabine. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2010 May;10(2):133-9.
- Bešlija S, Obralić N, Bašić H, Tatarević A, Mahić N, Banjin M, Šošević A, Cerić T, Pašić A, Salkić B. A single institution randomized trial of taxotere (T) and xelocla (X) given in combined vs. taxotere (t) folowed by xeloda (x) for metastatic breast cancer (MBC). EJC SUPPL 2005; 3 (2):114 .
- Beslija, N. Obralic, H. Basic, A. Tatarevic, M. Naila, M. Banjin, A. Cardzic, A. Sosevic, A. Pasic, T. Ceric, B. Salkic Randomized trial of sequence vs. combination of capecitabine (X) and docetaxel (T): XT vs. T followed by X after progression as first-line therapy for patients (pts) with metastatic breast cancer (MBC). JCO, 2006 ASCO( American Asociation for clinical oncology) Annual Meeting Proceedings Part I. 2006 Vol 24, No. 18S (Supplement),: 571
- Bešlija S, Obralić N, Bašić H, Tatarević A, Mahić N, Banjin M, Čardžić A, Šošević A, Pašić A,Cerić T, Salkić B. Superior efficacy of first-line capecitabine plus docetaxel (XT) versus sequential docetaxel followed by capecitabine (TX) at progression as first-line chemotherapy inmetastatic breast cancer: findings of randomised, phase II trial. INTERCONFERENCE BREAST CANCER MEETING – IBCM, 1sst. Prosidngs book; Sarajevo. Sarajevo: EUSOMA: EORTC;2007: 59 (143) abstract.
- Cerić T., Pašić A. ,et al: Using patient-based software in cancer treatment of patients at the at the Institute of Oncology, Clinical Center University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
2nd International Conference onCANCER ON THE INTERNET 2004 Rockefeller University, New York, USA oralna prezentacija
- I.Sefić-Pašić, A.Pašić, S.Kristić, A.Beganović, A.Čarovac, A. Džananović, L. Lincender S. Vegar-Zubović, , Possibilities of differentation of solitary focal liver lesions by computer tomography perfusion, Article in Medicinski glasnik 12(2):144-150 · August 2015 DOI: 10.17392/822-15
- A. Mehmedović, Z. Vukobrat- Bijedić, B. Prnjavorac, B. Gogov,A. Saray- Krkalić, A.Redžepović, A. Pašić. Use of serum levels of cytokine tgf β1 in detection of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic liver disease, The ESMO 18 th World Congress on Gastrointestinal cancer 2016 29 June – 2 July, 2016 Barcelona, Spain.
- A. Kurtović Kozarić, A.Kugić, A.Kurtović, S. Bešlija, T.Cerić, A.Pašić, S.Vranić. The effects of delayed imatinib mesylate treatment onoutcome in patients with GIST Article (PDF Available) in Journal of Clinical Oncology 34(suppl; abstr e22518) · May 2016
- A.M. Poveda, F. Selle, F. Hilpert, A. Reuss, A. Pasic, A. Savarese, I.B. Vergote, P. Witteveen, A. Bamias, D. Bollag, E. Pujade-Lauraine. Weekly paclitaxel (PAC), pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) or topotecan (TOP) ± bevacizumab (BEV) in platinum (PT)-resistant recurrent ovarian cancer. Annals of Oncology –ixe30, 2012 doi:10.1093/annonc/mds499 23 (Supplement 9): ixe
- S. Beslija, M. Banjin, S. Jungic, N. Obralic, G. Kecman-Malcic, I. Rakita, B. Salkic, A. Pasic, L. Tinjic, E. Ajanovic. Capecitabine + irinotecan + bevacizumab as first-line therapy for patients (pts) with metastatic colorectal cancer (MCRC): preliminary phase II study results ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings 2008,Volume 25 Issue:18 suppl,pages 14502
- S Beslija, M Banjin, S Jungic, N Obralic, G Kecman-Malcic, I Rakita, B Salkic, A Pasic, L Tinjic, V Smoljanovic.Updated phase II study results of capecitabine (X)+ irinotecan (I)+ bevacizumab (A) as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer (MCRC). ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings 2009,volume 27,issue:15s, page:e15064
17 I. Sefic Pasic, A. Dzananovic, A. Pasic, S. Vegar Zubovic Lung ultrasonography in the evaluation of pneumonia in children ,.Crit Ultrasound J 2016, 8(Suppl 1):12 DOI 10.1186/s13089-016-0046-8
- M.Banjin, A.Pašić,A Rašić .Poster presentation : GI neuroendocrine tumor –case study .First congress of endocrinologists and diabetologists in BIH, 23-26.04.2015 Sarajevo.
- Catic T.,Pasic A.,Eminagic D. : Oncologists views on reimbursement and value of cancer drugs in Bosnia and Herzegovina. ISPOR 19th Annual European Congress 29 oct-02 nov 2016, Vienna, Austria.
- Mirhan Salibasic, Sadat Pusina, Emir Bicakcic, Anes Pasic, Igor Gavric, Edin Kulovic, Ajdin Rovcanin, Semir Beslija Colorectal Cancer Surgical Treatment, our Experience, doi: 10.5455/medarh.2019.73.412-414 MED ARCH. 2019 DEC; 73(6): 412-414
- S. Beslija, T. Ceric, B. Hasanbegovic, F. Skenderi, J. Alidzanovic, D. Kopric, I. Marjanovic, A. Mekic-Abazovic, I.S.Sisic, M. Hammami, A. Pasic, A. Rasic, E. Kapisazovic: Effects of delayed initiation of adjuvant trastuzumab for non-metastatic, HER2 positive breast cancer in a limited resources setting: ML25232 study final results, October 2019,Annals of Oncology 30(Supplement_5)
22 S. Beslija, A.Pasic, E. Kapisazovic, B. Hasanbegovic, E. Sokolović, F. Skenderi, T.Ceric, Neoadjuvant trastuzumab + pertuzumab in HER2 positive breast cancer in a country with limited resources: Evaluation of complete pathological response in a real world practice. May 2018, Journal of Clinical Oncology 36(15_suppl):e12661-e12661,DOI: 10.1200/JCO.2018.36.15_suppl.e12661
1.S. Beslija, D. Vrbanec Medical oncology , Medical faculty University of Sarajevo, published 2015 , 780 pages. Author of 11 chapters
- S. Beslija, D. Vrbanec Medical oncology , Medical faculty University of Sarajevo, published 2020 , 1164 pages.ISBN 978-9926-455-10-1 , COBISS.BH-ID 27646214 .Author of 7 chapters
- Jasenko Karamehić and alt . Tumor Imunology. Chapter 6 : Prevention and early detection of malignant diseases, Chapter 22: Tumor immunology and imunotherapy
- A.Pašić,B. Hasanbegović , S. Bešlija, T. Delić :Manual for ovarian cancer patients receiving oncology treatment. National university library BIH, Sarajevo 618.11-006-085(035) Bibliografy: pages. 33. ISBN 978-9958-0330-1-8
- S. Bešlija , T Cerić ,A. Pašić, Đ.Eminagić : Manual for prostate cancer patients receiving oncology treatment. National university library BIH, Sarajevo 616.65-006-085(035) Bibliografija: pages 23. ISBN 978-9958-0330-2-5
- S. Bešlija , T Cerić ,A. Pašić, A. Tatarević-Šuko ,N Mahić-Hadžismailović : Manual for breast cancer patients receiving oncology treatment. National university library BIH, Sarajevo, Sarajevo 618.19-006-085(035) Bibliografija: pages. 32. ISBN 978-9958-0330-3-2
Principal investigator in clinical trial :
- HELOISE – A randomized open-label, multicenter Phase IIIb study comparing two trastuzumab dosing regimens, each in combination with cisplatin/capecitabine chemotherapy, as first-line therapy in patients with HER2-positive metastatic gastric or gastro-esophageal junction adenocarcinoma who have not received prior treatment for metastatic disease
- IMCLONE – A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blinded Study of IMC-1121B and Best Supportive Care (BSC) Versus Placebo and BSC in the Treatment of Metastatic Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma Following Disease Progression on First-Line Platinum- or Fluoropyrimidine-Containing Combination Therapy
- TLC 177.6 – A Randomized Open-Label Crossover Study of Bioequivalence and Safety of Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome Injection Formulations in Patients with Advanced Carcinoma of the Ovary
- ZoptEC: Phase 3 study of zoptarelin doxorubicin (AEZS-108) in platinum-taxane pretreated endometrial cancer (Study AEZS-108-050)
- AEZS 108-053 – Characterization of pharmacokinetics and acute electrocardiographic effects of zoptarelin doxorubicin and doxorubicin after single dose intravenous infusion in female patients with locally advanced, recurrent, or metastatic cancer
Language skills: Fluent in spoken and written English
Memberships: ESMO member since 2002, ESPEN member since 2007, ESGO member since 2010, ESDO member and national representative since 2017, REKOG member.
Awards: European School of Oncology (ESO) the Cancer on the Internet Award 2006.